Dr Zoe Martinez and Dr Edel Garcia are the two medical directors with over 20 years experience, In places such as Australia, Cuba and rural South Africa. Dr Garcia completed his speciality in Anaesthesiology and Dr Zoe is a General Practitioner with advanced qualifications in Women's Health and Skin Cancer procedures.
RACGP General Practice Training & ACRRM Primary Rural & Remote Training Accredited Supervisors.
We are a family owned and family friendly medical centre, aiming to provide holistic care to our community. We have a wide range of services which are fully bulk billed.
We are currently accredited by the national standards of AGPAL. By being accredited and following the national standards, Douglas Family Medical Centre aims to provide genuine medical support to the wider community.
MBBS FRACGP CWH DRANZCOG
Dr Hayley enjoys working as a GP caring for patients and their families, investing the time to get to know her patients, problem solving and delivering quality healthcare.
She has completed additional formal training in Women's and Children's health.
Her interests include, but are not limited to:
• Mirena, Copper IUD & Implanon insertion/removal
• Antenatal & post-natal care, including GP share care
• Paediatrics. From infant feeding, early child development, recurrent ears & tonsil infections, to language difficulties and school performance.
• Difficult skin conditions such as Acne in females & males, Dermatitis & Psoriasis.
• Mole checks and lesion excisions, mindful of scar minimisation
• Joint issues & sports injuries
• Preventative healthcare including breast, cervical, prostate & bowel cancer screening, weight management, heart health, diabetes screening & management, smoking cessation
• Health education & immunisations, including preparing for travel.
• Management of chronic health conditions, multiple medical conditions
• Discussing more sensitive issues around relationships, life & death
Ambar is a very warm hearted and caring listener with a genuine interest in patient-centered care. By implementing a comprehensive care approach, she ensures her patients achieve the best quality of life. Ambar loves working as a primary caregiver and is compassionate, approachable and is committed to continuity of care for each patient.
She enjoys all aspects of general practice with special interest and expertise in women’s health(including antenatal shared care), children’s health, mental health and chronic disease management such as osteoarthritis, diabetes, heart disease and hypertension.
She is married with two beautiful children and in her spare time she likes to do yoga, read books, cooking and spending time with family and friends.
Helen is a registered nurse and midwife that has been practising since 2003. With over 15 years of experience, Helen has extensive knowledge in Women's and Children's Health and education.
Helen has previously worked at The Townsville Hospital, General Practice, and also teached at numerous universities.
Women’s health is of great interest to Helen as she feels the need to provide and educate our patients on the importance of Women’s health and preventative health in general.
Helen believes there is a need in the Townsville region for a community-based midwifery service to alleviate the pressures of the existing Hospital based Maternity Services
Dr Savita is currently undertaking the GMT registrar program with Douglas Family Medical Centre. Savita has practised and trained mainly in NSW but enjoys the culture and lifestyle of North Queensland. Savita works with her patients to create sustainable health management plans.
Savita has worked in both rural and urban medical centres and has various areas of interest which include:
- Child health
- Antenatal and post-natal care
- Women’s health
- Chronic disease management
- Aged care
- Palliative care
- Preventative health
- Mental health
Copyright © 2019 - Douglas Family Medical Centre - All Rights Reserved.